Monday, February 19, 2007

"Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed." ~ Storm Jameson
Here goes! My first blog... I make no claims of any profound or prophetic thoughts. I just had to start somewhere. I actually have a day off work today and the first part of it has been spent (hopefully not wasted) in setting up this blog. My to-do list today includes:

1. laundry (another attempt to conquer Mt. Washmore)
2. go to the office and gather items for a BBBS display at a grocery store in Orrville
3. find the grocery store in Orrville and set up display
4. go to the office and work a little on Bowl For Kids' Sake (not more than one hour!)
5. watch "Dear Frankie" (recommendation by one of Mom's friends)
6. some efforts toward a cleaner house
7. make my annual batch of pumpkin rarebit
8. write 10 wedding thank-you notes

I think this seems reasonable. I have a lot of difficulty creating realistic to-do lists, and hence, at the end of the day... sometimes have a bigger mess than what I started with.
I think this quote caught my attention today because it goes with the overall theme of why I took my cousin's suggestion to start a blog. I get swept away with projects of one sort or another (at the moment, Bowl For Kids' Sake), and have the illusion that I am not holding the reins on the direction and contents of my own life. I have come to the conclusion that some change and prioritizing is in order, and keeping a blog seems to be a way to accomplish several objectives.

1 comment:

Anna@MetaMusings said...

Amy - I think is this a wonderful blog! I can't wait to read more, you'll have to let us know how you do on your to-do-list.

PS - I think you need to put the mouse story on your blog.